Rebex .NET Components

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. customizing for initializing PRNG

currently the Security.Cryptography uses the System.Security.Cryptography.RNGCryptoServiceProvider, without any modifications (seed, entropy). I suggest to make the method "Rebex.Security.Cryptography.Cryptohelper.RandomNumberGenerator" public and/or provide some customizing possibilities to claim the MS (CS)PRNG to a CSPRNG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Multipart FTP Downloads & Uploads for performance

Multipart downloads using range requests are a common requirement for high performance FTP downloads.

Some FTP Servers such as GlobalScale EFT also support custom mutlipart uploads. This makes a massive improvement to transfer speeds. Ideally you would autodetect support for it, and allow us to specify if we wish to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically adjust FTP upload buffer size

On fast networks, the deafult Ftp.UploadBufferLength value of 4096 is too low. A higher value such as 64KB would be mroe appropriate. And it would be nice if this was done automatically by the FTP component.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add support for custom encryption providers (e.g., Azure Key Vault)

I'd like to be able to encrypt SSH traffic in the FileServer using keys I store and maintain in Azure Key Vault. The problem is, FileServer seems to want to do the encryption itself, locally, and I can't export a private key from Key Vault for that purpose. Is it possible to add the ability to have FileServer call out to a custom function to do the encryption?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

A disclaimer: in SSH, encryption keys are never stored and maintained. A new set of keys is negotiated and derived for each session as prescribed by the SSH protocol. The only secret you need to store is the server’s private key, but this is used to authenticate the server to the client, not to encrypt the SSH traffic. In the rest of my response, I will assume what you would like to do is to store the server’s private key(s) in Azure Key Vault.

Rebex File Server can already utilize private keys managed by Windows key providers via .NET’s AsymmetricAlgorihm classes such as RSACryptoServiceProvider class, either via X509Certificate2 object’s PrivateKey property or directly. See https://rebex.net/file-server/features/private-keys.aspx#asymmetric-algorithm-keys for information. I’m not sure it’s possible to access private keys stored in Azure Key Vault this way, but from what I have seen it looks like this is not the case.

However, with…

5. Interface for common methods in Imap, Pop3...

Could we have an interface for mail-client classes (Imap, Pop3...) that has methods/properties like Connect, Settings, GetMessageList etc. Same for some of the related objects Pop3MessageInfo vs. ImapMessageInfo etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s true that many of the methods/properties in IMAP/POP3/EWS are equivalent, but there is not exactly a 1:1 match there – the three protocols are very different, which means the usability of a common interface would be quite low. Basically, it would be a unified API for IMAP/POP3/EWS that look just like POP3.

6. Create Data File as Ooutlook has .pst file personal folders

As database file which store all mail in one file so every time no need to retrieve same messages. As outlook stores all mails in .pst file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. directory sync over FTP feature.

Allow to support directory sync directory using a single command, instead of having to develop all the sync feature manually. something similar to the mirror feature in LFTP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Rebex .NET Components

Feedback and Knowledge Base